Pages

Monday, July 05, 2010

Nokia N900 Virtual Keyboard Missing

If you're like me, always fooling around with packages from the extras and the extras-devel repositories, you may have come across packages that enables you to input native Eastern languages on the N900.

However, installing SCIM for Nokia N900 will cause one annoying issue which is in place of your new CJK capabilities, you will lose the default virtual keyboard. Enabling and re-enabling it works for some but not all. I am in the latter group. My fix? Well after scouting off the forums and Internet for pr0n, I came across this solution :-)

1. DELETE "/etc/event.d/scim" if it exists
2. RUN "/usr/bin/gtk-query-immodules-2.0 > /etc/gtk-2.0/gtk.immodules"
3. Finally run "rm -f /home/user/.cache/launch/com.nokia.controlpanel.pvr" if you still see it appears for a while in the SETTINGS menu.

With Linux, anything is possible ^_^ otherwise the Mac OSx will never base its kernel off the Unixes would it? ;-)

1 comment:

-[aLbY]- said...

It didn't work on me bro? What shall I do?