Pages

Friday, January 03, 2020

New Year 2020

When I reflected back on 2019, I felt happy and sad at the same time. Happy that the Hyrulian princess graduated but sad that a close family member is longer here together with some friends who succumbed to cancer and other unfortunate events. There were of course other memorable events,  some good and others bad in 2019 as well.

I have joined a startup end of this year, discarding corporate looks in favour of a very much toned-down environment and a lot of work to do in terms of getting them to where my vision of an organisation with a mature cyber security posture will be. In this role, I play both the governance and a fair bit of technical security engineer. At least I hope to believe that this will help me in a couple of the technical certifications that I am hoping to gain in 2020!

The bush fires in Australia are another issue that breaks my heart. Seeing so many people suffer especially those who have lost their loved ones, half a billion animals dead with some species maybe extinct according to one expert and no signs of the fire going away makes one wonder why is this happening? I can only pray and hope for a miracle for this catastrophic event to end soon and bring much relief to those who have suffered so much.

I am hoping to a better 2020 for everyone. Let's look forward to it!



No comments: